Updated: Aug 26, 2020
From Seventh Son of a Seventh Son to Pantera to their own EP Vengeance we talk metal with Madzilla LV
PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF FOR US WHO ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH YOU AND YOUR MUSIC AND TELL US A BIT ABOUT YOURSELF.
- Hi! Thank you for having us, we are thrilled to be with you. We are Madzilla LV, a Las Vegas based Melodic Thrash Metal band. The Band officially launched in 2018, but the project itself began years earlier, when an unfortunate car accident in 2010, in which David Cabezas lost a great childhood friend, lead to the creation of the band’s earliest single “Judgment Day”, a song dedicated to the final moments of life, and the loss of a loved one. Having a few songs written, David felt the need to get this ideas and feelings heard, which lead to the creation of the Madzilla LV. Madzilla LV are David Cabezas (Lead Vocals, Guitar), Daniel Gortaire (Bass/ Background Vocals), David Oliveri (Guitar/Background Vocals), and Robert Wiggin (Drums). The Band recently toured alongside Max Cavalera’s Metal Legends “Soulfly”, in February 2020.
TELL US A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOUR NEW ALBUM OR SINGLE? - The “Vengeance” EP is our latest release. It delivers a hefty mix of melodic, classic thrash-metal, reminiscent of the likes of Megadeth, Metallica and Iron Maiden. The Vengeance EP IS available on Spotify and Apple Music.
We have also released a couple of music videos featuring songs from that EP, which are available on YouTube. We just released a music video for our latest single “The Last Goodbye”, which lyrics describe the frustration that arises when trapped in one’s own world, and the inability to see the light when surrounded by it. You can find all our material at the following links:
WHAT INSPIRED THE ALBUM OR SINGLE?
- Lyrics usually metaphorically describe real life experiences. Most of what is said in Madzilla songs are representations of what we have lived or seen in our own lives.
CAN YOU SUM UP THE ALBUM IN A FEW WORDS?
- It’s heavy, fast and melodic!
WHAT RECORD CHANGED YOUR LIFE AND WHY? - David C (Lead vocals/Guitar): Metallica’s And Justice For All… I had never heard anything like it before, that record is the reason I got into metal. It opened my mind to endless possibilities. - Robert (Drums): Kiss’ Creatures of the Night. It has the biggest drum sound on any record before or since. They called it their drum record! When that record came out I took drums more seriously from than on. - Daniel (Bass): I was a little 10 year old boy when a friend introduced me to Pantera’s Vulgar Display of Power, and Sepultura’s Arise. When I first heard the sound of distorted guitar chords I knew my life will be filled with endless Rock Music love - David O (Guitar): Iron Maiden’s Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. It was the first album I ever owned. Dave
Murray’s guitar solo on the title song of the album is my favorite guitar solo of all time! DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE MUSIC VIDEO FILMED BY YOUR BAND OR ANOTHER ARTIST? - David C: Korn - Freak on a Leash - Robert: Madzilla - The Last Goodbye - Daniel: I don’t have a favorite music video, but I can say that “I love it loud” from Kiss made me change the way I see music videos. WHAT WOULD WE FIND YOU DOING WHEN YOU'RE NOT MAKING MUSIC?
- David C: I watch a lot of concerts on DVD, or Blu Ray, or sometimes streaming online. I like watching behind the scenes from shows or tours, and then top it off by watching the actual performance the behind the scenes was about. - Daniel: I love spending time with my family. However, I also like creating and editing new videos, working out, or cooking for my family. - Robert: I listen to music 24/7, no matter what I’m doing. So I’m always influenced by something I hear.
- David O: I enjoy finding new music, and new artists to listen to.
DO YOU GET NERVOUS PERFORMING LIVE, IF SO HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH THAT? We actually get really excited before going on stage. We do get nervous of course, but it actually feeds our energy. We also believe that the best thing to always de is be super prepared for each gig, if you’re confident ready, you actually get to enjoy the show a lot more.
HOW DID YOU FORM THE BAND?
- Madzilla started as a project David Cabezas (Band Leader) had. The Band officially launched in 2018, but the project itself began years earlier, when an unfortunate car accident, in which David Cabezas lost a great childhood friend, lead to the creation of the band’s earliest single “Judgment Day”, a song dedicated to the final moments of life, and the loss of a loved one. Having a few songs written, David felt the need to get this ideas and feelings heard, which lead to the creation of the Madzilla LV. Madzilla LV are David Cabezas (Lead Vocals, Guitar), Daniel Gortaire (Bass/ Background Vocals), David Oliveri (Guitar/Background Vocals), and Robert Wiggin (Drums). The Band recently toured alongside Max Cavalera’s Metal Legends “Soulfly”, in February 2020.
HOW DO YOU WRITE? - DO YOU HAVE A KEY SONGWRITER, OR DO YOU ALL WORK TOGETHER?
- David (Band Leader) has done a fair amount of writing of the currently released tunes, specially since, as mentioned earlier, Madzilla was originally David’s project. However, we try to collaborate as much as possible on the writing process. Every idea is welcome, and everyone brings in their input and style.
WHAT INSPIRES YOU? -
People who go above and beyond expectations
WHAT IS NEXT?
-- One of the things we enjoy most is playing live shows. We love the interaction with fans, it’s the main reason why we do this. Touring is definitely in Madzilla’s future. We’re always working on new music, so always stay tuned, because the Madzilla Train never stops!!
PLEASE TELL US ANY SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS SO WE CAN SHARE.
If you enjoyed this don't forget to follow us on social media @photogroupieuk to get all our latest posts