1. Introduce us to your band!
We are Planet Hunter and we play Rock n Roll.
2. How did you guys start out?
Three of us formed to basically to hang out, mates for years, we jammed, formed riffs and jams. Then Cormac joined in 2017 (also a mate for years) and the riffs and jams became songs. We spent the next almost year putting lyrics to riffs and coming up with new material at the same time. Dropped our debut EP in November 2018.
3. Describe your band’s sound
Our music has been described as Heavy rock with a bias towards stoner rock.
4. What influences your craft?
Our music influences are varied. From Black Sabbath to Radiohead to Flaming Lips to Edvard Grieg and everything in between
5. What makes your project different?
It's probably Cormac, our singer. Lately, he's been using a camera on the microphone and projecting his face on a canvas behind the drummer, which we think is pretty cool. He also has been wearing an EyeBall for the first hand full of songs in our sets..it's really hot in there!
6. When introducing people to your music, what song should I show them first? Celestial Tongue, it's the first song on our EP. What is your quintessential track? We've been getting good feedback on a track called Bitter Winds. (the second track on the EP)
7. What has been the biggest struggle in your career so far?
The biggest struggle so far is getting the family/life/work balance.
8. What has been the biggest highlight in your career so far?
Well, so far it would release our EP. A drop in the ocean, but it's helped us get out there a little more.
9. How bright is the future of your band – what are the plans?
Our future is very bright, working on a full-length album, releasing that later in 2020, and we have some great gigs lined up locally.
10. When all is said and done, how would you like to be
We would like to be remembered by those who enjoyed our music for what we did.
Thanks for taking the time to talk to us!